Electron Application with plugin modules

Viewed 2129

I am looking to build an application that has cross platform with a plugin architecture. I see that Electron is a good fit for kind of requirement, however I am unable to understand how the plugin architecture can be implemented in electron.

Think of this as a tool that will evolve over time with team adding new functionalities over time. I am looking at making this as a plugin and delivered to the app to enable new features (UI + Logic) once the application is deployed.

I am really new to both NodeJs and electron so this may sound very basic ask, however I have been looking around the net but can't see any explanation on how to address my requirement. Can someone please help me point to the right resources on the net.

Regards Kiran

1 Answers

I am using Vue and Vuetify at work. I tried to implement them on electron and I can suggest you to do same thing. There are some plugins that automatically add vue support to your current electron project without any effort. Once you add vue support its like developing a web client but only difference is you have node.js functionalities. After you do that you can make a project structure that you split your modules how ever you want. I may share the project structure that I use in my projects if you want. I can edit my post depending on your questions if you want to go on this way. Cheers!!

Related