Triggering a multibranch pipeline job from an other multibranch pipeline

Viewed 3359

I have a scenario where but I have 2 projects (A and B), both are configured in Jenkins with multibranch pipeline jobs, problem is that Project B depends on Project A.

So I find that some times when I check in code in Project A, I also need to build ProjectB once A was built. Now before I started investigating pipeline builds, I'd have a job per branch and then trigger in Jenkins the appropriate job for Project B for the appropriate branch.

What I'd like to set up in a Jenkinsfile so that when ProjectA/develop executes it then triggers the multibranch pipeline job for ProjectB and the same branch.

I have:

stage ('Trigger Tenant Builds') {
        build job: "ProjectB/${branch}", wait: false
    }

But my ProjectA pipeline fails with:

ERROR: No parameterized job named ProjectB/develop found

Any ideas?

1 Answers
Related