Spring Initializr Error in Intellij Idea and STS on mac os

Viewed 1908

I have installed Intellij Idea on my macbook. When I going to create a Spring project using Spring Initializr and press "next" button, it prompts an alert window with the heading "Spring Initilizr Error", and with message body -

"Initialisation failed for 'https://start.spring.io' Please check URL, Network and Proxy settings Error Message Cannot download 'https://start.spring.io': Status 403".

enter image description here

enter image description here

I have used https://start.spring.io as Spring Initializr url, which is being set by default in Intellij Idea. I have also tried the url changing as http://start.spring.io, but it also haven't worked too.

I have tried to use Spring Tool Suit (STS) to create Spring Initializr project and got this message: "IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL: https://start.spring.io".

My network connection is ok and firewall is turned off too. If someone have already faced this issue, please help me with your overcoming steps. I am struggling too much with this problem and wasted enough time with it. Thanks in advance.

1 Answers

press Ctrl+Alt+S and search for proxy. This will show you the proxies you have set for IntelliJ; try to remove or add any.

Remember spring website will block tor.

Related