watch request to new topic pauses push notifications to existing topic

Viewed 1311

I've configured two topics in my Google Cloud Pub/Sub account, each with a single subscription, under a single project.

When I call watch() on my inbox, passing topic 1 to the watch request, I receive push notifications to my desired endpoint. When I call watch() on my inbox for topic 2, I receive push notifications for the endpoint tied to topic 2, but push notifications stop arriving for topic 1.

It appears that only a single topic can push out notifications for a given inbox at any given time, for a given project. Can anyone help confirm whether this is the case?

I can't find anything in the documentation for Gmail push notifications that notes this limitation. I receive a successful response from the API every time I call watch() again (subscribed to topic 1 -> call watch() for topic 2, and vice versa), but notifications still stop for the topic I was previously subscribed to. I'm also well within the expiry window for the watch() requests.

Any advice / direction would be much appreciated!

1 Answers
Related