How to calculate time difference between two dates using LocalDateTime in Java 8?

Viewed 36438

There are numerous answers given but I am unable to find compatible with my situation. I need to find difference of 8 hours in time as well as on date change too. Like if time is greater then 8 hours then do not execute something .

Do we have any method which achieve the same in LocalDateTime in Java-8?

I have tried to use following but unable to achieve the same.

LocalDateTime fromDateTime = LocalDateTime.of(2017, 07, 07, 07, 00, 55);
LocalDateTime toDateTime = LocalDateTime.now();
LocalDateTime tempDateTime = LocalDateTime.from(fromDateTime);

long years = tempDateTime.until(toDateTime, ChronoUnit.YEARS);
tempDateTime = tempDateTime.plusYears(years);

long months = tempDateTime.until(toDateTime, ChronoUnit.MONTHS);
tempDateTime = tempDateTime.plusMonths(months);

long days = tempDateTime.until(toDateTime, ChronoUnit.DAYS);
tempDateTime = tempDateTime.plusDays(days);

long hours = tempDateTime.until(toDateTime, ChronoUnit.HOURS);
tempDateTime = tempDateTime.plusHours(hours);

long minutes = tempDateTime.until(toDateTime, ChronoUnit.MINUTES);
tempDateTime = tempDateTime.plusMinutes(minutes);

long seconds = tempDateTime.until(toDateTime, ChronoUnit.SECONDS);

System.out.println("" + java.time.Duration.between(tempDateTime, toDateTime).toHours());

System.out.println(years + " years "
        + months + " months "
        + days + " days "
        + hours + " hours "
        + minutes + " minutes "
        + seconds + " seconds.");

It is difficult to check on time and date separately.

Initially I coded it like but it does not looks correct:

return openBrat!=null 
        && openBrat.until(LocalDateTime.now(), ChronoUnit.DAYS) == 0 &&  
          openBrat.until(LocalDateTime.now(), ChronoUnit.HOURS) >= 8
         && openBrat.until(LocalDateTime.now(), ChronoUnit.Minutes) >= 0;

Could anyone please suggest how to subtract like:

2017 07 06 23:30:00 - 2017 07 07 01:30:00 - Should return 2 hours.
2 Answers
Related