How to properly configure CodeCov for a C++ w/ CMake project in TravisCI?

Viewed 1851

I was trying to configure CodeCov on my GitHub repo with TravisCI. Since my repo is in C++ and I used CMake already, I essentially copy-pasted the after_success label of this example into my .travis.yml file:

after_success:
    # Creating report
  - cd ${TRAVIS_BUILD_DIR}
  - lcov --directory . --capture --output-file coverage.info coverage info
  - lcov --remove coverage.info '/usr/*' --output-file coverage.info 
  - lcov --list coverage.info
  # Uploading report to CodeCov
  - bash <(curl -s https://codecov.io/bash) || echo "Codecov did not collect coverage reports"

I pushed a custom .codecov.yml file to provide my token and notification settings, but the after_success is just the one suggested in the example. I'm really not familiar with lcov, so I have no idea whether something else is missing or what those calls are for.

Looking at CodeCov's documentation I couldn't find what I might be missing but my coverage reports are empty because lcov can't find some mysterious .gcda file (I guess). CodeCov's docs don't mention that anywhere so I guess I'm missing an important step in my configuration (or perhaps the file can't be found for some reason...?)

This is the output of TravisCI's after_success stage:

$ lcov --directory . --capture --output-file coverage.info
Capturing coverage data from .
Found gcov version: 4.8.4
Scanning . for .gcda files ...
geninfo: ERROR: no .gcda files found in .!

$ lcov --remove coverage.info '/usr/*' --output-file coverage.info
Reading tracefile coverage.info
lcov: ERROR: no valid records found in tracefile coverage.info

$ lcov --list coverage.info
Reading tracefile coverage.info
lcov: ERROR: no valid records found in tracefile coverage.info

$ bash <(curl -s https://codecov.io/bash) || \
  echo "Codecov did not collect coverage reports"
  _____          _
 / ____|        | |
| |     ___   __| | ___  ___ _____   __
| |    / _ \ / _` |/ _ \/ __/ _ \ \ / /
| |___| (_) | (_| |  __/ (_| (_) \ V /
 \_____\___/ \__,_|\___|\___\___/ \_/
                              Bash-8fda091
==> Travis CI detected.
    project root: .
--> token set from env
    ...
==> Running gcov in . (disable via -X gcov)
==> Python coveragepy not found
==> Searching for coverage reports in:
    + .
    -> Found 3 reports
==> Detecting git/mercurial file structure
==> Appending build variables
    + TRAVIS_OS_NAME
==> Reading reports
    - Skipping empty file ./coverage.info
    + ./doc/****.zip bytes=337165           -----> That's not a report.
    + ./doc/****.pdf bytes=353614           -----> That's not a report.
==> Appending adjustments
    http://docs.codecov.io/docs/fixing-reports
    + Found adjustments
==> Uploading reports
    url: https://codecov.io
    query: branch=codecov&commit=*****...
    -> Pinging Codecov
    -> Uploading to S3 https://codecov.s3.amazonaws.com
    -> View reports at https://codecov.io/github/********
1 Answers
Related