I am using visual studio 2017. I am not a developer. I am just trying to write a simple parsing script and I am familiar with visual studio. I use Atmel Studio(which is based off VS) to write embedded code, but I don't have to deal with signing. I installed visual studio on my work computer and now I get bit9 errors every time I make a new build.
Internal IT has pointed me to a bunch of slightly outdated certificate stuff. I now have a certificate to apply to my builds, however the process defined here will apparently not work for a Win32 application. I do not have a Signing tab in the project properties.
I have also looked into the visual studio command line using signtool. However, it would take a lot of my time to learn how it works and implement it.
Hopefully someone else has solved this and I can save the time. If there are no easy solutions I'll just go back to manually parsing, because this has already taken up to much of my time.