How do I remove an item from the Intellij default changelist?

Viewed 7044

Somehow or other a file in the .idea folder has landed on the default changelist and every time I make a commit Intellij is asking me if if I want to include the file in the commit.
I can't figure out why Intellij insists on trying to version control this file or how I can change its mind.

4 Answers

Seems a bit counterintuitive but to remove a 'new' file from Default changelist (shown in green -> versioned) you simply need to revert the file (with option of not actually deleting the file from the file system -> which is an option in the revert popup). This way it will be removed from the Default changelist and from vcs, showing up in red as an unversioned file.

With this you can toggle between versioned and unversioned.

Ignoring the file (in your versioning configuration or in intellij) is obviously the thing you want to do to make it not show up anymore as a possible candidate for commit. Just wanted to make the clear difference between 'ignoring' and 'toggling between versioned and unversioned'.

Related