I have a third-party package which has a setup.py file that calls setup() in the standard way, passing test_requires, install_requires and extras_require. (It does not use a requirements.txt file.)
I am running a Windows machine (on Appveyor) and pip install is notoriously poor on Windows with some of the packages. I would like to use Conda.
It seems to me, the ideal way to proceed is:
- Ask setup.py to list the dependencies it needs, without taking any action.
- Pass that list to conda to install.
- Call setup.py with the
installortestcommand, confident that it will check its requirements, and not find anything it needs to install.
I thought python setup.py --requires might do the trick, but it is poorly documented and is returning nothing.
If this a reasonable approach? If so, is there a way of asking setup.py to evaluated its dependencies, and list them without installing them.