No SDK cache entry for extension! - Mac extension crash

Viewed 662

I am writing my own finder extension. The extension works in most of the times, but sometimes on some of our machines it decides not to work anymore.

I so far did not manage to spot any pattern why this happens. The only point I got is it writes in the crashreport:

No SDK cache entry for extension!

After googling I found that this problem happens sometimes in mac, and the solution is :

sudo /usr/libexec/xpchelper --rebuild-cache

But I would like to understand why this happens, so maybe someone here have some more insight what this mean, and what I can be doing wrong that causes this crash to happen.

The only thing I suspect is that our app removes and installs this extension quite often, but so far I could not verify if this is the cause

1 Answers
Related