could not load file or assembly 'microsoft.sqlserver.management.sdk.sfc version=11.0.0.0

Viewed 7982

I am using Database first approach of Entity framework. When I create new connection in "ADO.NET Entity Data Model" then after adding server name and database name, then it shows me this error -

Could not load file or assembly 
'Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Sdkc.Sfc, Version=11.0.0.0, 
Culture=neutral, PublicKey Toekn = 89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its
dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Found many links on Google and tried but it doesn't solve my issue.

Could not load file or assembly Microsoft.SqlServer.management.sdk.sfc version 11.0.0.0

Tried this
SharedManagementObjects.msi (64 Bit) (Install proper and restart VS and same error occurs again) PowerShellTools.msi

Visual Studio 2012, SQL Server 2008 R2, 64 Bit Operating System

3 Answers

The answers posted in this thread as well as other similar threads only apply to SQL Server 2008, 2012 and 2014, but not to SQL Server 2016

I installed ENU\x64\SharedManagementObjects.msi

I also installed the SQLSysClrTypes.msi, but to no avail.

Finally, I did the following:

1) I ran the SQL Server 2016 setup,

2) I chose to install SSDT from there, SSDT Selection

3) Installed all of the things there: analysis, integration, reporting etc

That's it, no more errors

I had the same problem. I used VS 2013 with a database project and Sql server 2016 on my Pc and Sql server 2017(on a remote server). At first, when I created DB, I did not have a problem. But later when I tried to publish the changes I got a similar error. I verified the changes (updates, changes of permissions, ..) on my PC and the sql server and the only thing that changed was DB size. It helped install VS 2017.

Related