Apologies in advance, because I understand roughly nothing of what goes on here, but this seemed to be the place to ask...
I'm hoping to generate all possible single simultaneous strokes from a stenography keyboard: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stenotype#Keyboard_layout
The stenography keyboard contains 23 keys - the main 22:
STKPWHRAO*EUFRPBLGTSDZ
If none of the AO*EU keys are included, a hyphen is used in their place, so all permutations of this sequence is also necessary:
STKPWHR-FRPBLGTSDZ
The 23rd key is the number bar, which changes some of the keys, so permutations of these, although separate, would also help:
#12K3W4RAT50*EU6R7B8G9SDZ
#12K3W4R-6R7B8G9SDZ
In a single simultaneous key stroke, any keys will always be recognised in the above order; they're either selected or ignored. For example, if "Z" is included, it will always be the last key of any permutation. I'm trying to generate all potential permutations, including those of individual keys.
The hyphen or asterisk in the middle of the keyboard helps differentiate between keys that are on both sides of the keyboard (S, T, P, R). For individual keys, for example, you'd list "T-" for the one on the left of the keyboard and "-T" for the one on the right of the keyboard. The entire left bank of the keyboard would be "STKPWHR-"; the entire right bank would be "-FRPBLGTSDZ".
I naively assume there's a simple way to generate this online, but ... I've been wrong before. From what I've been able to find, the main obstacle seems to be keeping the characters in sequential order. I can easily remove any duplicates, of which there would be many from the four sequences.
Even the permutations involving up to 10 keys of the 23 would be a huge help; it would be very rare that 15 or more keys would ever be used at the same time.
Any help much appreciated!