Deploy webapp in jetty in OSGI

Viewed 771

I've searched a long before posting this question, without finding a satisfying answer, as premise I want say that I would prefer don't using frameworks to do the following task, the only tools I have are Felix, Jetty and a Webapp.

I have a webapp managed with maven which I deploy in jetty outside OSGI env, but now I would like to deploy it in OSGI too, so I'm facing up to with typical OSGI matters and principles, here follows what I understood, please let me know if I'm going wrong:

  • I can leave maven "war" packaging

  • With apache.felix maven-bundle-plugin I create OSGI MANIFEST

  • In OSGI there should be the jetty-bundle started before any "webapp bundle"

  • The webapp bundle will have its WEB-INF/classes but, to be really OSGI style it will not have any WEB-INF/lib since it will find its dependencies as OSGI bundles elsewhere

    I thank you if you want to add elements, unfortunately I found only articles to quickly transform a standard war in a bundle, but I'm really interested to work in respects of OSGI principles, so I would prefer to be as compliant as possible

1 Answers
Related