I've been working on annotated websockets lately, with the Jetty API (9.4.5 release) , and made a chat with it.
However i got an issue, after 5 minutes (which i believe is the default timer), the session is closed (it is not due to an error). The only solution I've found yet, is to notify my socket On closing event and reopen the connection in a new socket.
However i've read on stackOverflow, that by setting IdleTimeOut in the WebsocketPolicy, i could avoid the issue:
I've tried setting to
3600000for instance, but the behavior does not change at allI also tried to set it to
-1but i get the following error:IdleTimeout [-1] must be a greater than or equal to 0private ServletContextHandler setupWebsocketContext() { ServletContextHandler websocketContext = new AmosContextHandler(ServletContextHandler.SESSIONS | ServletContextHandler.SECURITY); WebSocketHandler socketCreator = new WebSocketHandler(){ @Override public void configure(WebSocketServletFactory factory){ factory.getPolicy().setIdleTimeout(-1); factory.getPolicy().setMaxTextMessageBufferSize(MAX_MESSAGE_SIZE); factory.getPolicy().setMaxBinaryMessageBufferSize(MAX_MESSAGE_SIZE); factory.getPolicy().setMaxTextMessageSize(MAX_MESSAGE_SIZE); factory.getPolicy().setMaxBinaryMessageSize(MAX_MESSAGE_SIZE); factory.setCreator(new UpgradedSocketCreator()); } }; ServletHolder sh = new ServletHolder(new WebsocketChatServlet()); websocketContext.addServlet(sh, "/*"); websocketContext.setContextPath("/Chat"); websocketContext.setHandler(socketCreator); websocketContext.getSessionHandler().setMaxInactiveInterval(0); return websocketContext; }
I've also tried to change the policy directly in the OnConnect event, by using the call session.getpolicy.setIdleTimeOut(), but I haven't noticed any results.
Is this an expected behavior or am I missing something? Thanks for your help.
EDIT:
Log on the closure: Client Side:
2017-07-03T12:48:00.552 DEBUG HttpClient@179313750-scheduler Ignored idle endpoint SocketChannelEndPoint@2fb4b627{localhost/127.0.0.1:5080<->/127.0.0.1:53835,OPEN,fill=-,flush=-,to=1/300000}{io=0/0,kio=0,kro=1}->WebSocketClientConnection@e0198ece[ios=IOState@3ac0ec79[CLOSING,in,!out,close=CloseInfo[code=1000,reason=null],clean=false,closeSource=LOCAL],f=Flusher[queueSize=0,aggregateSize=0,failure=null],g=Generator[CLIENT,validating],p=Parser@65c4d838[ExtensionStack,s=START,c=0,len=187,f=null]]
Server side:
2017-07-03T12:48:00.595 DEBUG Idle pool thread onClose WebSocketServerConnection@e0033d54[ios=IOState@10d40dca[CLOSED,!in,!out,finalClose=CloseInfo[code=1000,reason=null],clean=true,closeSource=REMOTE],f=Flusher[queueSize=0,aggregateSize=0,failure=null],g=Generator[SERVER,validating],p=Parser@317213f3[ExtensionStack,s=START,c=0,len=2,f=CLOSE[len=2,fin=true,rsv=...,masked=true]]]<-SocketChannelEndPoint@690dfbfb'{'/127.0.0.1:53835<->/127.0.0.1:5080,CLOSED,fill=-,flush=-,to=1/360000000}'{'io=0/0,kio=-1,kro=-1}->WebSocketServerConnection@e0033d54[ios=IOState@10d40dca[CLOSED,!in,!out,finalClose=CloseInfo[code=1000,reason=null],clean=true,closeSource=REMOTE],f=Flusher[queueSize=0,aggregateSize=0,failure=null],g=Generator[SERVER,validating],p=Parser@317213f3[ExtensionStack,s=START,c=0,len=2,f=CLOSE[len=2,fin=true,rsv=...,masked=true]]]
2017-07-03T12:48:00.595 DEBUG Idle pool thread org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.Invocable$InvocableExecutor@4f13dee2 invoked org.eclipse.jetty.io.ManagedSelector$$Lambda$193/682154970@551e133a
2017-07-03T12:48:00.595 DEBUG Idle pool thread EatWhatYouKill@6ba355e4/org.eclipse.jetty.io.ManagedSelector$SelectorProducer@7b1559f1/PRODUCING/0/1 produce exit
2017-07-03T12:48:00.595 DEBUG Idle pool thread ran EatWhatYouKill@6ba355e4/org.eclipse.jetty.io.ManagedSelector$SelectorProducer@7b1559f1/PRODUCING/0/1
2017-07-03T12:48:00.595 DEBUG Idle pool thread run EatWhatYouKill@6ba355e4/org.eclipse.jetty.io.ManagedSelector$SelectorProducer@7b1559f1/PRODUCING/0/1
2017-07-03T12:48:00.595 DEBUG Idle pool thread EatWhatYouKill@6ba355e4/org.eclipse.jetty.io.ManagedSelector$SelectorProducer@7b1559f1/PRODUCING/0/1 run
2017-07-03T12:48:00.597 DEBUG Idle pool thread 127.0.0.1 has disconnected !
2017-07-03T12:48:00.597 DEBUG Idle pool thread Disconnected: 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1) (statusCode= 1,000 , reason=null)