error:InvalidValueError: setCenter: not a LatLng or LatLngLiteral: in property lat: not a number

Viewed 65935
function initAutocomplete() {
    var lat=document.getElementById('lat').value;
    var lng=document.getElementById('lng').value;
    console.log(lat);
    console.log(lng);


    var map = new google.maps.Map(document.getElementById('map'), {
      center: {lat:lat, lng:lng},
      zoom: 13,
      mapTypeId: 'roadmap'
    });}

it gives me the following error :

error:InvalidValueError: setCenter: not a LatLng or LatLngLiteral: in property lat: not a number

5 Answers

Same error, slightly different scenario:

I kept getting this error (same as the OP) when trying to use the autocompleted lat/lng to update a map:

    var place = autocomplete.getPlace();
    var geo = place.geometry.location;
    loadMapAt(new google.maps.LatLng(geo.lat, geo.lng));

This "one weird trick" fixed it. Replacing the second line with:

    var geo = JSON.parse(JSON.stringify(place.geometry.location));

I also was getting this error when using autocomplete which the above suggestions didn't solve. In my case, I was able to correct this by passing lat and lng as properties to my Gmaps element:

<Gmaps width={width}
       height={height}
       lat={lat}
       lng={lng}
       params = {{
           v: '3.exp',
           libraries: 'geometry, visualization, places', 
           key: GOOGLE_MAPS_API_KEY
       }}
       onMapCreated={this.onMapCreated}/>

This was using react-gmaps version 1.4.2.

Just initialize parameters:

function initMap(lat_ = 0, lon_ = 0) {
    var map = new google.maps.Map(document.getElementById('map'), {
        center: {lat: lat_, lng: lon_},
        zoom: 10
    });
}
Related