Why is SyntaxHighlighter being fetched via HTTP from blogger.com

Viewed 376

I added the following HTML to the head section of my blogger.com theme.

<link href='https://alexgorbatchev.com/pub/sh/current/styles/shCore.css' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'> 
<link href='https://alexgorbatchev.com/pub/sh/current/styles/shThemeDefault.css' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'> 
<script src='https://alexgorbatchev.com/pub/sh/current/scripts/shCore.js' type='text/javascript'></script>
<script src='https://alexgorbatchev.com/pub/sh/current/scripts/shBrushCpp.js' type='text/javascript'></script>
<script src='https://alexgorbatchev.com/pub/sh/current/scripts/shBrushCSharp.js' type='text/javascript'></script>
<script src='https://alexgorbatchev.com/pub/sh/current/scripts/shBrushCss.js' type='text/javascript'></script>
<script src='https://alexgorbatchev.com/pub/sh/current/scripts/shBrushJava.js' type='text/javascript'></script>
<script src='https://alexgorbatchev.com/pub/sh/current/scripts/shBrushJScript.js' type='text/javascript'></script>
<script src='https://alexgorbatchev.com/pub/sh/current/scripts/shBrushPhp.js' type='text/javascript'></script>
<script src='https://alexgorbatchev.com/pub/sh/current/scripts/shBrushPython.js' type='text/javascript'></script>
<script src='https://alexgorbatchev.com/pub/sh/current/scripts/shBrushRuby.js' type='text/javascript'></script>
<script src='https://alexgorbatchev.com/pub/sh/current/scripts/shBrushSql.js' type='text/javascript'></script>
<script src='https://alexgorbatchev.com/pub/sh/current/scripts/shBrushVb.js' type='text/javascript'></script>
<script src='https://alexgorbatchev.com/pub/sh/current/scripts/shBrushXml.js' type='text/javascript'></script>
<script src='https://alexgorbatchev.com/pub/sh/current/scripts/shBrushPerl.js' type='text/javascript'></script>
<script language='javascript'> 
    SyntaxHighlighter.config.bloggerMode = true;
    SyntaxHighlighter.config.clipboardSwf = &#39;https://alexgorbatchev.com/pub/sh/current/scripts/clipboard.swf&#39;;
    SyntaxHighlighter.all();
</script>

But when I view a page via HTTP the browser tells me I am requesting insecure HTTP resources from a second HTTPS page.

https://mrpmorris.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/loading-assembly-from-specific-path.html

If I right-click the alexgorbatchev link in the Chome Console and select Open in new link it takes me to an insecure page, if I add https:// to the start of the url it loads securely.

Why are Chrome and MS Edge trying to fetch these resources via http when the markup explicitly indicates https?

2 Answers

I was facing the same issue with my blog.

I replaced below piece of code:

<link href='https://alexgorbatchev.com/pub/sh/current/styles/shCore.css' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'/>
<link href='https://alexgorbatchev.com/pub/sh/current/styles/shThemeEclipse.css' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'/>
<script src='https://alexgorbatchev.com/pub/sh/current/scripts/shCore.js' type='text/javascript'/>
<script src='https://alexgorbatchev.com/pub/sh/current/scripts/shBrushJava.js' type='text/javascript'/>
<script src='https://alexgorbatchev.com/pub/sh/current/scripts/shBrushXml.js' type='text/javascript'/>

With the below one:

<link href='https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/SyntaxHighlighter/3.0.83/styles/shCore.css' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'/>
<link href='https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/SyntaxHighlighter/3.0.83/styles/shThemeEclipse.css' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'/>
<script src='https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/SyntaxHighlighter/3.0.83/scripts/shCore.js' type='text/javascript'/>
<script src='https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/SyntaxHighlighter/3.0.83/scripts/shBrushJava.js' type='text/javascript'/>
<script src='https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/SyntaxHighlighter/3.0.83/scripts/shBrushXml.js' type='text/javascript'/>

And now my blog stopped throwing that error of insecure content blocked. Because now all the content is served over https and that too by one of the best cdn in the world.

Related