requests.exceptions.SSLError: [SSL: TLSV1_ALERT_PROTOCOL_VERSION] tlsv1 alert protocol version (_ssl.c:590)

Viewed 4104

I am trying to access a website with the requests package like this

page = requests.get('https://jobregister.aas.org')

but I get the following

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "daily.py", line 453, in <module>
    main()
  File "/Users/xflorian/github/benty-fields/app/functions.py", line 1450, in 
loopup
    page = requests.get('https://jobregister.aas.org')
  File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/requests/api.py", line 72, in get
    return request('get', url, params=params, **kwargs)
  File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/requests/api.py", line 58, in request
    return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)
  File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 518, in request
    resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
  File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 639, in send
    r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
  File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/requests/adapters.py", line 512, in send
    raise SSLError(e, request=request)
requests.exceptions.SSLError: [SSL: TLSV1_ALERT_PROTOCOL_VERSION] tlsv1 alert protocol version (_ssl.c:590)

I googled the error and saw that this can happen if an old openssl version is used or if TLS1.2 is not supported. So I checked and the website seems to support TLS1.2 and I use openssl 1.02.

Any idea what else I should check?

1 Answers
Related