TortoiseGit, ignore line endings

Viewed 17672

I am looking for a way to prevent TortoiseGit from flagging files as changed when they have Unix line endings. It is just tough to check if remote files have changed when you FTP download a folder, they show up as changed often because of the LF version that comes down. I'm on Windows, the repos are CRLF, but as I said when they change on the server they end up as LF.

2 Answers

In my case all local files was showing change in newline chars. When I looked closely the 'CRLF' was converted to 'LF'. If I change the LF to CRLF manually, it was not working as in GIT repo it was showing it as difference in file. I also tried Yue's changes but while clicking on Apply button it was asking me windows hook file, that I do not had.

Then i realized that recently I had installed "cygwin" on my system. I was done using that, so I removed it and restarted system, and all my problems gone. My answer may help someone in my situation.

Related