Since a few months, my IDE (WebStorm) highlights JavaScript regular equality operators with the following warning:
Comparioson a == b may cause unexpected type coercion.
This inspection reports usages of JavaScript quality operators which may cause unexpected
type coercions. It is considered a good practice to use the type-safe equality operators
=== and !== instead of their regular counterparts == and !=.
I am aware of the different behavours of both operators and I tend to use them because of their different behavour, eg. for lazy type conversions:
if(parseInt(val) == val) // val can be safely converted to int
However, the IDE is adding warnings to all occurences of ==, so the above does not feel right anymore. I'm could convert all these parts into something much less readable:
if(parseInt(val).toString() === val) // be happy webstorm
Is this really the way to go; or should I rather ignore/disable these warnings?