React JS MSSQL Refusing to import mssql

Viewed 3978

I'm trying to import mssql I have a js file that works fine by it's self but I need to do it so that I can call the function from within a react js environment rather than just node

import React, { Component } from 'react';

import TextInput from '../SmallBits/FormItems/TextInput';

import sql from 'mssql';
//or
var sql = require('mssql');

var dbConfig = {
    server: 'localhost',
    database: 'TestDB',
    user: 'andy',
    password: 'andy',
    port: 1433
};

export default class LeftBox extends Component {
    constructor(props){
        super(props);
        this.state = {
        name: '',
        forename: '',
        surname: '',
        caseID: '',
        address: ''
    }
    this.handleSurnameChange = this.handleSurnameChange.bind(this);
    this.handleForenameChange = this.handleForenameChange.bind(this);
    this.handleCaseIDChange = this.handleCaseIDChange.bind(this);
    this.handleAddressChange = this.handleAddressChange.bind(this);
}

loadEmployees() {
    var dbConn = new sql.ConnectionPool(dbConfig);
    dbConn.connect().then(function () {
        var request = new sql.Request(dbConn);
        request.query("select * from EmployeeTable").then(function (recordSet) {
            console.log(recordSet);
            return recordSet;
            dbConn.close();
        }).catch(function (err) {
            console.log(err);
            dbConn.close();
        });
    }).catch(function (err) {
        console.log(err);
    });
}

That's all the code that is being called both the import and require statement at the top bot give me the same error that Module not found: Can't resolve 'mssql' in 'C:\Users\wilsona.CHECKMATE\Desktop\reactapp\Workspace\savvy-crm-test\src\components\Parts\Boxes' even though mssql is installed globally should I install locally aswell

1 Answers
Related