Can you add a textview or something similar as a child to a textinputlayout?

Viewed 3488

I have an application that uses a lot of textinputlayouts because I like the style they create

on one screen I am showing info on one object and I want it too look like the data the user entered with the textinputedittexts , small caption above and the data below

right now I have a textinputlayout with a disabled textinputedittext below

is there a way to just have a textview under the textinputlayout that will be shown in the same style?

thanks in advance for any help you can provide

edit:

as a side note here's what I am currently using to disable the edittext fully

<android.support.design.widget.TextInputLayout
    android:id="@+id/name"
    android:layout_width="match_parent"
    android:layout_height="wrap_content">
    <android.support.design.widget.TextInputEditText
        android:layout_width="match_parent"
        android:layout_height="wrap_content"
        android:hint="@string/name"
        tools:text="This is where the name goes"
        android:inputType="none"
        android:clickable="false"
        android:cursorVisible="false"
        android:focusable="false"
        android:focusableInTouchMode="false" />

what I am trying to avoid is not use clickable and inputtype etc etc in EVERY view that I'm trying to create, and instead use a single view

so other than creating a custom edittext (like NeverEnabledEditText) that starts unclickabke in every way, or add all those attributes to my xml, is there a way to do the above?

0 Answers
Related