Bloomberg drawing out multiple securities

Viewed 4101

The Bloomberg excel formumla =BDH() only retrieves the prices for 1 security. If I want to get other securities, I'll need to repeat the formula which is no issue as I've written a script for that.

The problem comes when the dates of the securities doesn't match up, either due to trading days or contract expiry.

E.g. =BDH(name_of_commod,"PX_LAST","19/12/2015","2/5/2017") for two separate tickers produces:

QWV8 Comdty         QWZ8 Comdty 
#NAME?      495.2   #NAME?      479.7
14/2/2017   496.7   18/4/2017   462.2
15/2/2017   494.4   19/4/2017   457.1
16/2/2017   495.3   20/4/2017   456.6
17/2/2017   495     21/4/2017   457
20/2/2017   498.7   24/4/2017   454.9
21/2/2017   498.4   25/4/2017   453.5
22/2/2017   498.1   26/4/2017   445
23/2/2017   491.6   27/4/2017   439.9
24/2/2017   489.5   28/4/2017   450
27/2/2017   481.6   2/5/2017    448.4

The mismatch here is due to that QWZ8 is not available till 18th Apr, which kind of screws over my calculations as I've got about a hundred other securities in the data set.

Is there a way to output bloomberg data such that all the dates align to the same row?

Like such:

    QWV8 Comdty         QWZ8 Comdty 
18/4/2017   461.3   18/4/2017   462.2
19/4/2017   456.2   19/4/2017   457.1
20/4/2017   455.7   20/4/2017   456.6
21/4/2017   456.1   21/4/2017   457
24/4/2017   454     24/4/2017   454.9
25/4/2017   452.6   25/4/2017   453.5
26/4/2017   444     26/4/2017   445
27/4/2017   438.9   27/4/2017   439.9
28/4/2017   449     28/4/2017   450
2/5/2017    447.4   2/5/2017    448.4
1 Answers
Related