How to disable Personal Contact Form display in User Registration

Viewed 3612

I am new to Drupal 8. I am setting up a simple site and do not want to allow users to contact each other. However, I do want to use forms such as Register for an event.

I have updated the user registration form by adding additional fields, such as first name, address, phone, etc.

/user/register displays the Contact Settings box:

"Allow other users to contact you via a personal contact form which keeps your email address hidden. Note that some privileged users such as site administrators are still able to contact you even if you choose to disable this feature."

with Personal contact form check box unchecked.

How can hide the display of the Contact settings box completely?

2 Answers

The simplest approach for me to disabling the personal contact form was:

  1. Following the instructions to set personal contact form off by default (from Drupal contact module documentation)
    • Navigate to the Account Settings page (Administration > Configuration > People > Accounts or http://example.com/admin/config/people/accounts)
    • In the Contact settings section specify whether the contact form is enabled for users by default.
    • Click "Save configuration."
  2. Go to /admin/config/people/accounts/form-display (as instructed by Marcus above)
  3. Move "Contact settings" to disabled.
  4. Click save

So now the personal contact form is off by default for all future users and they don't have the ability to turn it on. Note that this does not change things for existing users on the site.

Related