Read POST form in Angular submitted by external websites

Viewed 2974

I am developing a website with Java for the backend and Angular for frontend. There is a situation when some external websites may send data to my website using POST form. For instance,

▼ General
        Request URL: https://myangularwebsite/
        Request Method: POST
        ...

▼ Request Headers
        Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
        Host: myangularwebsite
        Origin: https://externalwebsite
        Referer: https://externalwebsite/send.form?id=0
        ...

▼ Form data
        ID: 0000000
        TIME: 2017.06.04 11:53:58
        SIGNATURE: ...geirgmGKFGJWR...
        ...

Now, I need to capture the form in Angular somehow, send/redirect it to the backend to validate the signature and return the answer back to Angular to proceed working with this website. I tried posting to my website to test how it might work using Postman, but get Cannot POST /.

I know how to work with GET and URL query parameters in Angular but I think I need to process a POST request based on headers I see with Chrome DevTools 'Network' section when coming from externalwebsite to myangularwebsite.

Should I dedicate a route in the backend and expose it, for example, .../api/external in my backend and tell these websites to use this link instead of directly posting to my Angular website's homepage?

I have already read another question ( How to read form post data in Angular 2 typescript? ) which is somewhat similar but I do not think using PHP is the right way for me as the website I am developing already has an older version written in PHP.

1 Answers
Related