I have stack installed on my computer for haskell:
Developers-MacBook-Pro:~ developer$ stack ghci
Configuring GHCi with the following packages:
GHCi, version 8.0.1: http://www.haskell.org/ghc/ :? for help
Loaded GHCi configuration from /private/var/folders/2x/t_2cl03x2092dkzvc702d7lc0000gn/T/ghci2170/ghci-script
Prelude>
As you can see version is still 8.0.1. Then I upgraded the stack as follow:
Developers-MacBook-Pro:~ developer$ stack upgrade
Current Stack version: 1.3.2, available download version: 1.4.0
Newer version detected, downloading
Querying for archive location for platform: osx-x86_64-static
Querying for archive location for platform: osx-x86_64
Downloading from: https://github.com/commercialhaskell/stack/releases/download/v1.4.0/stack-1.4.0-osx-x86_64.tar.gz
Download complete, testing executable
Version 1.4.0, Git revision e714f1dd3fade19496d91bd6a017e435a96a6bcd (4640 commits) x86_64 hpack-0.17.0
New stack executable available at /Users/developer/.local/bin/stack
After I start stack ghci again and I've got still version 8.0.1, what am I doing wrong?
The image shows, that ghci version 8.0.2 has successfully installed:

The path is /Users/developer/.stack/programs/x86_64-osx/
Update
In the path /Users/developer/.stack/, there is a folder called global-project and I change the yaml as follow:
Now stack ghci run on version 8.0.2:
Developers-MBP:~ developer$ stack ghci
Configuring GHCi with the following packages:
GHCi, version 8.0.2: http://www.haskell.org/ghc/ :? for help
Loaded GHCi configuration from /private/var/folders/2x/t_2cl03x2092dkzvc702d7lc0000gn/T/ghci526/ghci-script
