Hi I am starting to use FlatList component instead of ListView and I am having some problems trying to render the separator, I made a multiple-choice component and it is working ok but I don't understand why it is not rendering the separator from the flatlist, if I put the separator inside the renderItem function it's working ok, but I want to use it from the flatlist as a prop.
One curious thing is if I delete the itemSeparatorComponent prop from the FlatList in render method the component stops updating the checkmark (renderIndicator()) that indicates that item is selected, so it's really annoying this, I put the whole code, please check it.
React native: 0.44.0
import React, { Component } from 'react';
import { Button, Icon, Divider } from 'react-native-elements';
import { FlatList, View, TouchableOpacity, Text } from 'react-native';
import { Card, CardSection } from './commons';
import { appMainColor } from '../constants';
export default class ListOrderItems extends Component {
static navigationOptions = {
title: 'Realice su selección'
};
state = { selected: [], items: this.props.navigation.state.params.items };
onItemPress = (item) => {
const selected = this.state.selected;
const index = selected.indexOf(item.name);
if (index === -1) {
selected.push(item.name);
} else {
selected.splice(index, 1);
}
this.setState({ selected });
};
isSelected = (item) => {
return this.state.selected.indexOf(item.name) !== -1;
};
keyExtractor = (item, index) => {
return index;
};
renderOkButton = () => {
if (this.props.navigation.state.params.type === 'multipleChoice') {
return (
<Button
raised
borderRadius={5}
backgroundColor={appMainColor}
title='Aceptar'
onPress={() => this.props.navigation.goBack()}
/>
);
}
};
renderCancelButton = () => {
return (
<Button
raised
borderRadius={5}
backgroundColor={appMainColor}
title='Cancelar'
onPress={() => this.props.navigation.goBack()}
/>
);
};
renderIndicator = (item) => {
if (this.isSelected(item)) {
return <Icon name="check-circle" color={appMainColor} />;
}
};
renderSeparator = () => {
return <Divider />;
};
renderItem = ({ item, index }) => {
return (
<TouchableOpacity
activeOpacity={0.7}
onPress={() => this.onItemPress(item, index)}
>
<View style={styles.row}>
<View style={styles.optionLabel}>
<Text>{item.name} (${item.price})</Text>
</View>
<View style={styles.optionIndicator}>
{this.renderIndicator(item, index)}
</View>
</View>
</TouchableOpacity>
);
};
render() {
return (
<View>
<Card>
<CardSection>
<FlatList
data={this.state.items}
keyExtractor={this.keyExtractor}
renderItem={this.renderItem}
itemSeparatorComponent={() => this.renderSeparator()}
/>
</CardSection>
</Card>
<Card>
<CardSection style={{ justifyContent: 'space-around' }}>
{this.renderOkButton()}
{this.renderCancelButton()}
</CardSection>
</Card>
</View>
);
}
}
const styles = {
row: {
flexDirection: 'row',
padding: 5
},
optionLabel: {
flex: 1,
},
optionIndicator: {
width: 30,
height: 30,
justifyContent: 'center',
alignItems: 'center'
}
};