POSTMAN: "You do not have permission to view this directory or page" with Bearer Token

Viewed 18978

I've got a website hosted on HostGator, let's say it's domain is https://example.com.

I also have an application hosted on Azure, with Active Directory Authentication enabled on the entire site (including the API component), let's say it's domain is https://example.azurewebsites.net

THE GOAL - To have a PHP file be executed (as a CRON job) on https://example.com and have the file first Authenticate itself with Azure's Active Directory, and then to pull data from https://example.azurewebsites.net/api/getValues via an HTTP GET call.

THE PROBLEM - Obviously, just calling the API without a bearer token will cause a 401, but I'm still getting a 401 even though I'm passing in what appears to be a valid Bearer Token.

Here's what I did:

Using https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/develop/active-directory-protocols-oauth-code -

I visited https://login.microsoftonline.com/{{tenant_id}}/oauth2/authorize?response_type=code&client_id={{client_id}} that was given to me through Azure AD Management Portal.

This returned:

https://example.com/?code={{really_long_string_of_code}}

I took this really_long_string_of_code and put it through postman as a body parameter called code, seen below:

PostMan-token-retrieval

As you can see, it returned the token seen above ^.

I then took this token and put it through another Postman call:

postman-call

But the problem is, I still get that exact error message:

You do not have permission to view this directory or page.

I feel like I've tried everything. I've even went into the portal.azure and set the "allowed token audiences":

Azure-portal-settings

Anyone know any settings I can change to allow this sort of call to happen?

2 Answers
Related