Vim not reading TypeScript file

Viewed 898

I recently have started playing around with ionic and ran their ionic start command after generating a new project.

I noticed that when opening any of the TypeScript files ionic generated in vim, the contents of the file is: <?xml version="1.0"?>.

However, if I open the file in sublime text or cat the the file I get the actual contents as I should.

src/app/app.module.ts

import { BrowserModule } from '@angular/platform-browser';
import { ErrorHandler, NgModule } from '@angular/core';
import { IonicApp, IonicErrorHandler, IonicModule } from 'ionic-angular';

import { MyApp } from './app.component';
import { HomePage } from '../pages/home/home';
import { ListPage } from '../pages/list/list';

import { StatusBar } from '@ionic-native/status-bar';
import { SplashScreen } from '@ionic-native/splash-screen';

@NgModule({
  declarations: [
    MyApp,
    HomePage,
    ListPage
  ],
  imports: [
    BrowserModule,
    IonicModule.forRoot(MyApp),
  ],
  bootstrap: [IonicApp],
  entryComponents: [
    MyApp,
    HomePage,
    ListPage
  ],
  providers: [
    StatusBar,
    SplashScreen,
    {provide: ErrorHandler, useClass: IonicErrorHandler}
  ]
})
export class AppModule {}

I did install typescript-vim, however that doesn't seem to have helped. Vim seems to think it's an xml file, however in my vim footer it is indicating typescript.

Any thoughts on how I can actually open and edit TypeScript files in vim?

1 Answers
Related