Prevent PyCharm from opening the browser/new tab on run

Viewed 3469

I found a number of people who want PyCharm to open the browser/a new tab every time you click run.

Well, I click run often and already have the tabs open I need. It's quite frustrating to have to close the new ones, and I want to turn it off. I have looked thru all the menus and I can't find the Run browser setting some people talk about.

I also tried disabling all Django support for browsers in Settings -> Tools -> Browsers, but this made no difference.

Versions:

  • PyCharm 2017.1.1
  • Python 3.5.x
  • Django 1.10
3 Answers

For version 2018.3

  1. Go to File | Settings | Build, Execution, Deployment | Console.
  2. Check the option Use existing console for "Run with Python console".

2018 :
Edit run configurations (at the left to the play button at the top of the editor, click on the list of configuration then edit configurations) and check the box that reads single instance only

Related