Using boto3, how to check if AWS IAM user has password?

Viewed 6062

Among the users in IAM, I want to programmatically get the list of all password enabled users. From AWS Console, I can easily spot them. But, how to get their list programmatically? I want to use python boto to get that.

I was reading up here http://boto3.readthedocs.io/en/latest/reference/services/iam.html#iam, but by most of the ways listed in this doc, I can only see option of using 'PasswordLastUsed' which would be null in three cases

  1. The user does not have a password
  2. The password exists but has never been used
  3. there is no sign-in data associated with the user.

So just by checking if 'PasswordLastUsed' is null I can not claim that user does not have password and thereby, can not get all the users with password. Am I missing something here? Any other way or any other python resource I can use to do this?

3 Answers
Related