Node JS How to POST image along with request data to another server/api

Viewed 22213

I am trying to POST an image from my Node JS app to another REST API. I have the image in Mongo DB (as binary array data) that is read by Node JS and then is supposed to be POSTed to another API.

The problem I face is how do I send request data along with the image? I have this raw data (that is in JSON format) that should be POSTed along with image:

{"data":{"client":"abc","address": "123"},"meta":{"owner": "yourself","host": "hostishere"}}

I am required to do this using the 'request' module. I can use 'multer' if that helps better. But, I am stuck on how do I send the above request data along with the image stream. Below is my current code. Could you please help me finish it?

        var options = {
            host: 'hostname.com',
            port: 80,
            path: '/api/content',
            method: 'POST',
            headers:{
                'Content-Type' : 'multipart/form-data'
            }
        };

        var request =  http.request(options, function(response) {
            var str = '';
            var respTime ='';

            response.on('data', function (chunk) {
                str = str.concat(chunk);
            });
            response.on('end', () => {
                console.log('No more data in response.');
            });

            setTimeout(function() {
                res.send(JSON.stringify(
                  {
                      'imageURL': IMG_URL,
                      'imageId': IMG_ID,
                      'body': JSON.parse(str)
                  }
                ));
            }, 1000);
        });

        request.on('error', (e) => {
          console.error('**** problem with request: ', e);
        });

        request.write(image.IMG_STR); //image.IMG_STR is the binary array representation of the image.
        request.end();

UPDATE: 06/06/2017

So, I happened to talk to the REST team that provides the end point and found out that the data should be sent in the following specific format. Below is a snapshot of the request that succeeded. Could someone help me with the Node code that I should use? I have tried form-data package but have been getting the same error: Postman Snapshot

2 Answers
Related