Real time IPC in Unix userspace

Viewed 323

I wanted to ask for the best approach for the following problem: I have two distinct processes: producer, and consumer. The producer produces items, where each item is an unsigned int. and the consumer consumes them, the different from regular consumer producer problem is that the consumer needs to know the exact time of the item production. The consumer cannot trust the producer, so the producer shouldn't supply the time together with the item, what force the consumer to ask the system for the current time at the moment he consumes an item. All this need to be performed with less as possibles effects on the producer since the producer is a real time application.

I tried to read about IPC mechanism in Unix but I didn't find something that can meet those constraints. The consumer and the producer are written in c++.

Any idea would be welcome, Thanks in advance

1 Answers
Related