No package glibc-static available

Viewed 8788

I am trying to statically link the libraries while compiling a C++ program.
g++ (GCC) 4.8.5 20150623 (Red Hat 4.8.5-4)

$ g++ -std=c++11 -I/home/jerry/Desktop/tiny-dnn -m32 -pthread -static train.cpp -o train
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lstdc++
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lm
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpthread
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lc
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

I found this post (/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lc while compiling with makefile ) that says to to install glibc-static.

bash-4.2# sudo yum install glibc-static
Loaded plugins: langpacks
ol7_UEKR3                                                                                         | 1.2 kB  00:00:00     
ol7_latest                                                                                        | 1.4 kB  00:00:00     
No package glibc-static available.
Error: Nothing to do
bash-4.2# yum info glibc-static
Loaded plugins: langpacks
Error: No matching Packages to list
bash-4.2# yum search glibc
Loaded plugins: langpacks
================================================== N/S matched: glibc ===================================================
glibc-common.x86_64 : Common binaries and locale data for glibc
compat-glibc.x86_64 : Compatibility C library
compat-glibc-headers.x86_64 : Header files for development using standard C libraries.
glibc.i686 : The GNU libc libraries
glibc.x86_64 : The GNU libc libraries
glibc-devel.i686 : Object files for development using standard C libraries.
glibc-devel.x86_64 : Object files for development using standard C libraries.
glibc-headers.x86_64 : Header files for development using standard C libraries.
glibc-utils.x86_64 : Development utilities from GNU C library
kdesdk-kmtrace.x86_64 : Assist with malloc debugging using glibc's "mtrace" functionality
kernel-headers.x86_64 : Header files for the Linux kernel for use by glibc
latrace.i686 : LD_AUDIT feature frontend for glibc 2.4+
latrace.x86_64 : LD_AUDIT feature frontend for glibc 2.4+

  Name and summary matches only, use "search all" for everything.

How can I install glibc-static? Please help.

Thanks.

3 Answers

I had this issue in the Docker container for Centos 8. I found that the following worked:

dnf --enablerepo=powertools install glibc-static

This was suggested from this packages site

you should user glibc-static to compile static bin

Related