convert JSON to python dataframe

Viewed 356

I have JSON of the form:

{
    "abc":
      {
        "123":[45600,null,3567],
        "378":[78689,2345,5678],
        "343":[23456,null,null]
      }
    }

I have got json data from a url using below way:

json_data = json.loads(url.read().decode())

I need to convert it into Python Pandas Dataframe as below:

ds    y_ds1  y_ds2  y_ds2
123   45600  null   3567
378   78689  2345   5678
343   23456  null   null

I'm trying to do this way :

df = pd.read_json(url,orient='columns')

It gives result in following form:

          abc
123      [45600,null,3567]
378      [78689,2345,5678]
343      [23456,null,null]

Any way by which I can simply split my second column of array into no. of columns present in the array and rename the headings as mentioned above?

Edits: According to the given json, there are 3 elements in all the arrays; what if the array size is 2 or 4 or 5 for all the items. Note: JSON will have all keys with similar sized arrays. But size of array can be anything.

1 Answers
Related