Is there a way I can use netlink for Inter-process communication (IPC) between two user space processes?

Viewed 1647

I am a newbie to Linux. I have two User space processes, A and B, and B has to receive messages from A, do some processing, and ack when done. So I was looking at a two-way messaging protocol and was seeing netlink being used for communication between user and kernel space. Is there a way to use netlink for two user space process communication?

If it is not an ideal solution, is there any other way to achieve this? I was looking at message queues, but they seem to be one-way communication mechanism.

3 Answers

Answer here for netlink user to user if you really need this.

There are better methods for user to user communication like unix socket.

The key for user to user netlink is the pid.

example

Related