I am not so much interested to know about the "small print" the differences while developing code on each platform in terms of what a programmer is used to or what he finds easier to do etc. Nor am I interested in the detailed physical differences in the core (I dont mind them to be mentioned if it suits your narrative I just dont want to focus on the above)
I am just searching about why CISC architecture such as the x86 is superior to RISC architecture or is it not?
I mean why to be "Complex" (CISC) if you can do everything just as well with being Reduced in complexity (RISC)
Is there something that x86 can do that ARM can not? if there isnt anything then why did we bother (historically) on developing CISC and didnt focus on RISC?
Today ARM seems to do everything an Intel computer does they even have server oriented designs...
It bobs my uncle..