Git: How to reattach a branch to its trunk?

Viewed 77

I'd like to port a solution with several branches off a master branch from TFS to Git. I've tried using Git-Tfs to port the solution and maintain the branch relationships, but the best I can do without the tool erroring out is to get a copy of the entire containing folder with separate subfolders for each of the branches - the branch relationships are not maintained. The folder structure looks like this... the child folders contain the respective solution files and content:

MyProject
  --Main 
  --Features
    --FeatureBranch1
    --FeatureBranch2

Also, commits seem to be tracked only at the MyProject level, nothing at the subfolder level. I know the changeset number where each of the branches occurred, but I'm not sure how to use that information, if it's even applicable.

I need to reassociate each of the branches with the master but can't figure out how (I'm a Git newbie). I don't care that much about the history - I just have to be able to merge the branches back into the trunk at some point. What do I need to do?

1 Answers
Related