I am using gnuplot to plot data from two separate csv files (found in this link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2Iv8dfU4fTUZGV6X1Bvb3c4TWs) with a different number of rows which generates the following graph.
These data seem to have no common timestamp (the first column) in both csv files and yet gnuplot seems to fit the plotting as shown above.
Here is the gnuplot script that I use to generate my plot.
# ###### GNU Plot
set style data lines
set terminal postscript eps enhanced color "Times" 20
set output "output.eps"
set title "Actual vs. Estimated Comparison"
set style line 99 linetype 1 linecolor rgb "#999999" lw 2
#set border 1 back ls 11
set key right top
set key box linestyle 50
set key width -2
set xrange [0:10]
set key spacing 1.2
#set nokey
set grid xtics ytics mytics
#set size 2
#set size ratio 0.4
#show timestamp
set xlabel "Time [Seconds]"
set ylabel "Segments"
set style line 1 lc rgb "#ff0000" lt 1 pi 0 pt 4 lw 4 ps 0
plot "estimated.csv" using ($1):2 with lines title "Estimated", "actual.csv" using ($1):2 with lines title "Actual";
Is there any way where we can print out (write to a file) the values of the intersection of these plots by ignoring the peaks above green plot? I also have tried to do an sql-join query but it doesn't seem to print out anything for the same reason I explained above.
PS: If the blue line doesn't touch the green line (i.e. if it is way below the green line), I want to take the values of the closest green line so that it will be a one-to-one correspondence (or very close) with the actual dataset.
