Reset printer cache to force Chrome browser to select OS default printer

Viewed 24694

Initially i changed default printer to some other, then opened the chrome in Kiosk printing when i hit ctrl+P chrome is still sending print request to previously selected default printer.

Is there any way to force the chrome to use system default printer rather from recent destination?

3 Answers

In current versions of Chrome, it is possible to use a GPO or pass the command line argument --use-system-default-printer to have it always use the default printer. You can also edit the Preferences file or use a Master Preferences file with printing.print_preview_sticky_settings set to empty.

I was able to get it working by performing the following steps. 1. Update Chrome by clicking the 3 dots in the upper right, go to about chrome, then update. Version 60 you click the 3 dots, click settings, click about chrome, update. 2. After chrome was updated i went into my printers in windows and switched my default printer to another device and then set it back to the one I wanted. Then I opened chrome, printed a page to the default printer, then closed chrome. When I reopened chrome my default was listed first.

Related