Data representation on three tables in MySQL

Viewed 32

Let's assume I have three tables, such as:

Table A

id | id_b | id_c
-----------------
1  |   1  |  2
2  |   2  |  1
3  |   1  |  2
4  |   2  |  3
5  |   3  |  3
6  |   2  |  1

Table B

id | name
-----------------
1  | 'One'
2  | 'Two'
3  | 'Three'

Table C

id | name
-----------------
1  | 'Alpha'
2  | 'Beta'
3  | 'Charlie'

What I need, is a count of table A on the different pairs of table B and table C, which in this example looks like this:

Result

    B   |     C      | count(table_a)
-------------------------------------
'One'   |  'Alpha'   |  0
'One'   |  'Beta'    |  2
'One'   |  'Charlie' |  0
'Two'   |  'Alpha'   |  2
'Two'   |  'Beta'    |  0
'Two'   |  'Charlie' |  1
'Three' |  'Alpha'   |  0
'Three' |  'Beta'    |  0
'Three' |  'Charlie' |  1

I managed to display the rows with non-zeros, but I cannot display the others. Thank you in advance for your help!

1 Answers
Related