I have got an AMD Ryzen CPU and Android emulator doesn't work

Viewed 84823

I have got an AMD Ryzen CPU and Android emulator doesn't work. It doesn't start the emulator becouse the CPU doesn't support the x86 emulator

10 Answers

The latest beta has support for Ryzen. Source

The following is from the google blog post: If you have an AMD processor in your computer you need the following setup requirements to be in place:

  • AMD Processor - Recommended: AMD® Ryzen™ processors
  • Android Studio 3.2 Beta or higher - download via Android Studio Preview page
  • Android Emulator v27.3.8+ - download via Android Studio SDK Manager
  • x86 Android Virtual Device (AVD) - Create AVD
  • Windows 10 with April 2018 Update
  • Enable via Windows Features: "Windows Hypervisor Platform"

I managed to run the Android emulator on Windows 10 (AMD Ryzen 5 2600) after installing the KB4505903 update.

In my case, only two configuration requirements were needed:

  1. Windows 10 May 2019 Update (1903), OS Build 18362.267
  2. Enable via Windows Features: "Windows Hypervisor Platform" ("Платформа низкоуровневой оболочки Windows")

Gennymotion should work for amd users. I emailed them and they said yes it should work.

check here to see their specific requirements.

Yeah I have AMD CPU somehow it works now.

I don't have x86 installed by HAXM and it still works strange.

Gigabyte CPU/AMD Ryzen 7 ->

MIT Settings -> frequency settings -> advanced -> have SVM enabled

  1. Go to windows turn on and off feature -> if you're using windows home, not pro edition, then you need to find "windows Hypervision platform" then check mark it.

  2. Create a new AVD virtual device, the newest version may or may not work. You have to do trial and error with different API versions like 25, 26, or newest one.

  3. Somehow on SDK Tools, i don't have x86 intel HAXM installed, and it works fine? Does anyone know why it works without intel x86 on my AMD CPU? When i uninstalled it and did everything else again, it finally worked... Strange..

If you have an AMD processor in your computer you need the following setup requirements to be in place:

  1. AMD Processor - Recommended: AMD® Ryzen™ processors
  2. Android Studio 3.2 Beta or higher - download via Android Studio Preview page
  3. Android Emulator v27.3.8+ - download via Android Studio SDK Manager
  4. x86 Android Virtual Device (AVD) - Create AVD
  5. Windows 10 with April 2018 Update
  6. Enable via Windows Features: "Windows Hypervisor Platform"

**Note:There is Hyper-V features... You should enable Windows Hypervisor Platform not Hyper-V. Windows Hypervisor Platform is at the bottom of features **

I know I am a bit late to answer this but after a few hours of research and verification, here is what I have found. As of July 2018, if you run AMD Ryzen CPU/APU, you should be able to run Android emulator. (see link). It does not work on my old AMD Phenom II X6 because the CPU needs to support SSSE3 and SSE4.1 features. I guess it's time for me to upgrade :) The toast message I received was "Emulator: emulator: WARNING: Host CPU is missing the following feature(s) required for x86_64 emulation: SSSE3 SSE4.1"

You can follow the instructions in the link above, although I also had to do these in my Android Studio.

  1. In the Tools menu > Android SDK > SDK Tools (tab) > Uncheck the option "Intel x86 Emulator Eccelerator (HAXM installer)".

  2. Go to Tools menu > AVD Manager > Ceate a new virtual device (choose an image for the x86-64 platform)

Unfortunately After turning on Windows Hypervisor Platform I can not change the resolution window. It was fixed at non resolution recommended. I do not like at all. Here is my computer's information enter image description here

Related