Spring Boot + Angular2 on same server

Viewed 3138

I'm successfully integrated my Angular2 application with Spring Boot backend following this tutorial, placing the compiled JS resources to a /ui subdirectory. Everything works fine basically, the Angular2 application is accessible through the appname/ui URL.

However, I'd like to know if there is a way to tell Spring to 'pass-through' URLs that children of the /ui path, as currently Spring intercepts every requests targeting /ui/*, preventing the Angular2 Router properly navigating to resources under the /ui path.

Currently, I only have this mapping in one of my controllers:

@RequestMapping(value = "/ui")
public String uiIndex() {
    return "/ui/index.html";
}

With this, the interface properly shows up at /ui, but Spring sends me errors and 404s for everything under it, when I address them directly from browser. Router navigation inside the Angular2 app works perfectly though.

EDIT

I'm adding the compiled Angular2 resources from target/ui to static/ui folder with this config (my project uses maven build):

        <resource>
            <directory>${project.basedir}/src/main/resources</directory>
            <includes>
                <include>*.properties</include>
                <include>templates/*.*</include>
            </includes>
        </resource>
        <resource>
            <directory>target/ui</directory>
            <targetPath>static/ui</targetPath>
        </resource>

As to be clear, the only problem is, when I enter an URL in the browser like /ui/home/settings, Spring intercepts the request and throws errors. I can happily navigate to /ui, and then to /home/settings in the Angular context though.

3 Answers
Related