Unable to execute protractor, getting "Could not find update-config.json" error message

Viewed 28440

When I'm trying to execute my <configuration>.js file, I'm getting the error below:

[14:49:13] I/launcher - Running 1 instances of WebDriver
[14:49:13] I/direct - Using ChromeDriver directly...
[14:49:13] E/direct - Error code: 135
[14:49:13] E/direct - Error message: Could not find update-config.json. Run 'webdriver-manager update' to download binaries.
[14:49:13] E/direct - Error: Could not find update-config.json. Run 'webdriver-manager update' to download binaries.

I ran the command webdriver-manager update and tried to execute the file, but the same error persists. Can anyone help me to overcome the same?

3 Answers

Using node node_modules/protractor/bin/webdriver-manager update worked for me.

I had this error in VSCode after I upgraded to angular-cli v6.0.8. Trying to change the protractor.conf file to use directConnect: false and add a seleniumAddress didn't work for me.

However, I was able to fix this by simply stopping any running server (or lite server instances), restart VSCode, and restart the servers. I'm now able to run protractor 5.3.0 with @angular/cli 6.0.8 while still using directConnect: true.

Related