Prevent windows from being dragged past the edge of screen

Viewed 4124

I would like to be able to stop windows from being dragged past the border of the screen. For example, open a window that is not maximized, click the top bar with the mouse and drag the window wherever you want. Now drag the window to the left/right/top/bottom of your screen and notice that part of the window goes off screen. I would like the window to bump up against the edge of the screen and go no further.

In the same way the cursor can't go over the edge on the left side, I would like to make a barrier so windows can't move over it either.

The main reason for doing this is because I am making a batch program in which I need it to not go off screen. This is annoying and I was hoping that someone here could be of some help.

Sorry if this is an obvious question, I tried a few searches but had no idea what terms to look up.

Thanks for any help in advance!

4 Answers

you were able to change a setting in windows 7 to prevent this. I know that this is a feature if you are using multiple monitors but if using only one monitor there should be a way to change a setting. thank you Microsoft once again for making our lives complicated. the more you guy release a new windows the harder it is to use.

Related