I'm a teacher. My grade book is a .xlsm file, located in my Google Drive folder. I'm building a web app, also in my Drive folder, that shows the students names arranged according to the seating chart. I want to run the app on my Android phone, and click a student's name to add a participation mark to the grade book. The app should also display the students' existing participation scores (from the grade book). What is the best way to go about accomplishing something like this?
*I initially tried to do this using another .xlsm file but, when I realized that macros don't run on the Android version of Excel, I switched to an HTML-based app. Was that the right decision?
Here is a sample .xlsm file. In this case, the app would check cell A2 to make sure it's the correct student and then both read and write to cell B2.
