GLIBCXX_3.4.21 not found on CentOS 7

Viewed 73287

I recently updated my gcc version on CentOS from 4.7 to 5.4, but now I am getting the following error when I compile my program

/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found

I found some solutions , but I am still not able to fix the issue. These are the paths I found with whereis gcc

gcc: /usr/bin/gcc /usr/lib/gcc /usr/local/bin/gcc /usr/local/lib/gcc /usr/libexec/gcc /usr/share/man/man1/gcc.1.gz

and used this libstdc package for CentOS.

5 Answers

Maybe for someone it will be helpful: I installed devtoolset-7 but there was no GLIBCXX_3.4.21, and maximum version was GLIBCXX_3.4.19. Long time I was looking for the solution. What worked for me: I cloned gcc 7.3 repo, made build and install. Then copied libstdc++.so.6 and libstdc++.so.6.0.24 to devtools-7, lib64 folder and it became work.

I didn't have sudo access to my CentOS machine, so I installed gcc with conda. If you installed gcc with conda the above answer won't work. check your gcc installation path as:

$ which gcc

output: /home/ags/miniconda3/envs/GE/bin/gcc

This tells that gcc is installed in GE conda environment, now export LD_LIBRARY_PATH as the path to lib directory this environment.

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/ags/miniconda3/envs/GE/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Hope this helps.

find your gcc installed location and update LD_LIBRARY_PATH

for example

  1. /usr/local/gcc/7.2.0/
  2. setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/local/gcc/7.2.0/lib64/:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Simply your libstdc++.so.6 not including GLIBCXX_3.4.21, so you need to replace that library.

When I examine libstdc++.so.6.0.28 with strings libstdc++.so.6.0.28 | grep GLIBCXX the output is:

GLIBCXX_3.4
GLIBCXX_3.4.1
GLIBCXX_3.4.2
GLIBCXX_3.4.3
GLIBCXX_3.4.4
GLIBCXX_3.4.5
GLIBCXX_3.4.6
GLIBCXX_3.4.7
GLIBCXX_3.4.8
GLIBCXX_3.4.9
GLIBCXX_3.4.10
GLIBCXX_3.4.11
GLIBCXX_3.4.12
GLIBCXX_3.4.13
GLIBCXX_3.4.14
GLIBCXX_3.4.15
GLIBCXX_3.4.16
GLIBCXX_3.4.17
GLIBCXX_3.4.18
GLIBCXX_3.4.19
GLIBCXX_3.4.20
GLIBCXX_3.4.21
GLIBCXX_3.4.22
GLIBCXX_3.4.23
GLIBCXX_3.4.24
GLIBCXX_3.4.25
GLIBCXX_3.4.26
GLIBCXX_3.4.27
GLIBCXX_3.4.28
GLIBCXX_DEBUG_MESSAGE_LENGTH

So recreate symbolic with libstdc++.so.6.0.28 will fix your problem (also fixed my problem ;)).

Related