Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64 in Xcode after Firebase update

Viewed 4099

I updated FirebaseUI to the newest version, and that updated TwitterCore 3.0.0 (was 2.8.0), ever since I get this compiler error in Xcode:

Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
  "_TWTRIdentifierForAdvertising", referenced from:
      +[TWTRCardConfiguration deviceID] in TwitterKit(TWTRCardConfiguration.o)
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

I currently reverted back to the previous version of TwitterCore even though it wasn't explicitly written in my Podfile. I wrote pod 'TwitterCore', '~>2.8.0'

8 Answers

In Xcode 9, Swift 3, Firebase

-> _TWTRIdentifierForAdvertising", referenced

Thats help me:

first add in your Podfile: pod 'FirebaseUI', '~> 4.0'

after: pod update

If you use it pod in testing. You must add pod in MyAppTests target.

for example:

platform :ios, '9.0'

target 'MyApp' do
  use_frameworks!

  pod 'TwitterCore', '~>3.0.0'

  target 'MyAppTests' do
    inherit! :search_paths

    pod 'TwitterCore', '~>3.0.0'

  end

end
Related