Unable to launch WebDriverAgent because of xcodebuild failure: xcodebuild failed with code 65

Viewed 14794

I am trying to run appium scripts with below setup:

Appium version : 1.6.4
Xcode : 8.3.2
Mac : 10.12.4
iPhone : 10.3.1

Below is the code I am using to launch safari Browser on iPhone real device.

desCapabilities = new DesiredCapabilities();
desCapabilities.setCapability("platformName","iOS");
desCapabilities.setCapability("deviceName", "Ananda's iPhone");
desCapabilities.setCapability("platformVersion", "10.3.1");
desCapabilities.setCapability("app", "com.apple.mobilesafari");
desCapabilities.setCapability("udid", "******");
iOSDriver = new IOSDriver<MobileElement>(new URL("http://" + nodeUrl + ":" + nodeUrlPort + "/wd/hub"), desCapabilities);

I am getting the error and please find the logs below:

[MJSONWP] Encountered internal error running command: Error: Unable to launch WebDriverAgent because of xcodebuild failure: xcodebuild failed with code 65
at XCUITestDriver.quitAndUninstall$ (../../lib/driver.js:374:15)
at tryCatch (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/babel-runtime/regenerator/runtime.js:67:40)
at GeneratorFunctionPrototype.invoke [as _invoke] (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/babel-runtime/regenerator/runtime.js:315:22)
at GeneratorFunctionPrototype.prototype.(anonymous function) [as next] (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/babel-runtime/regenerator/runtime.js:100:21)
at GeneratorFunctionPrototype.invoke (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/babel-runtime/regenerator/runtime.js:136:37)
at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:109:7)
3 Answers

This issue took me four days to solve ^_^.

First approach, do not update appium from terminal. Try uninstall and install

  1. npm uninstall -g appium

  2. npm install -g appium

Second approach, run appium from terminal instead of UI appium .

Third approach,

If you still get the this error in Appium Desktop Application, Pls check , Do you install multiple xcode version? When I tried above two approaches, my personal experience was that it didn't work cause appium use latest xcode path ( in appium release note, latest xcode 12.3 does not support yet). So I changed the old xcode path by using

sudo xcode-select -s /Applications/Xcode12.2.app/Contents/Developer

Fortunately it works fine.

Related