Can I create reminder/alert-type notifications from my own app?

Viewed 857

I'm trying to implement local notifications to my app. They will function as a reminder for an event, but the notifications must come from my app, and not from Calendar or Reminders.

My question is, how can I create notificaitons that fire before a certain date, while showing the actual date in the 'time-field'?

This is what the Calendar can do: calendar

Notice the top right corner saying "in 5m". I'm trying to get the same functionality for my own notifications, but I can't find anything about it. This is the only thing I can get: enter image description here
As soon as the notification arrives, it says "Now", and then proceeds to count up the amount of minutes ago. I need it to be sent X minutes before, and count down to "Now", then count up. Is this possible?

1 Answers
Related