Error starting Apache Drill in Embedded Mode on Windows 10

Viewed 1860

I am trying to start Apache Drill 1.10 in Embedded Mode on Windows 10 x64 (with Oracle JVM 1.8.0_131). When launching the command

sqlline.bat -u "jdbc:drill:zk=local"

I get the following:

Error during udf area creation [/C:/Users/<user>/drill/udf/registry] on file system [file:///] (state=,code=0)

So, after some googling, I have changed the drill-override.conf file this way:

drill.exec: {
  cluster-id: "drillbits1",
  zk.connect: "localhost:2181",
  udf: {
    # number of retry attempts to update remote function registry
    # if registry version was changed during update
    retry-attempts: 10,
    directory: {
      # Override this property if custom file system should be used to create remote directories
      # instead of default taken from Hadoop configuration
      fs: "file:///",
      # Set this property if custom absolute root should be used for remote directories
      root: "/c:/work"
    }
  }
}

Then I have checked the following:

  • proper permission set on the folder
  • console started as an Administrator

But I still get the same error:

Error during udf area creation [/c:/work/drill/udf/registry] on file system [file:///] (state=,code=0)

I can't disable UDF since I don't have an active connection.

Any suggestions?

1 Answers
Related